Remote online backup has advantages over traditional backup methods:
- Perhaps the most important aspect of backing up is that backups are stored in a different location from the original data. Traditional backup requires manually taking the backup media offsite.
- Remote backup does not require user intervention. The user does not have to change tapes, label CDs or perform other manual steps.
- Unlimited data retention
- Backups are automatic.
- Direclynx remote backup services work continuously, backing up files as they are changed
- Direclynx backup services uses a 128 – 448 bit encryption to send data over unsecured links (i.e. internet)
- Direclynx remote backup services reduces backup by only transmitting changed binary data bits
Direclynx Online backup system are built around a client software program that runs on a schedule, typically once a day, and usually at night while computers aren’t in use. This program collects, compresses, encrypts, and transfers the data to the remote backup service provider’s servers or off-site hardware.
Direclynx Online backup services are priced as a function of the following things:
- The total amount of data being backed up.
- The number of machines covered by the backup service.
- The maximum number of versions of each file that are kept.
- Data retention and archiving period options
- Managed backups vs. Unmanaged backups
- The level of service and features available
Contact Us for a free one month trial.